The NSW Government has recently released the Work Health and Safety Management Systems and Auditing Guidelines (Edition 5). These guidelines seek to enable NSW government agencies, which undertake construction and infrastructure projects, to work with the construction industry to:
- Improve safety outcomes for the construction industry;
- Provide a consistent, minimum standard for construction companies seeking construction projects with the NSW government;
- Enable a safety management systems approach by construction contractors;
- Increase productivity & efficiency by improving planning and reducing workplace incidents;
- Support NSW government agencies in meeting their obligations under Work Health and Safety (WHS) laws.
The Guidelines require that all contracts valued at $1 million or more must require tenderers to provide evidence of an acceptable corporate WHS Management System.
Those contractors who have already been certified under the previous program or the federal scheme may be deemed acceptable. New entrants or those who have left their accreditation lapse must apply under the Work Health and Safety Management Systems and Auditing Guidelines Edition 5.
OSHEM Solutions can assist your organise to achieve accreditation either through designing a WHS Management System that meets the prequalification requirements or by one of our Authorised Assessors carrying out an audit of your WHS Management System against the criteria contained within the 5th edition NSW Govts Health and Safety Management Systems and Auditing Guidelines.
To discuss your needs or obtain an obligation free quote, contact us now on 1300 657 279.