Class A Asbestos Removal Licence
Health & Safety Management System Obligations
As of the 1st January 2012, the nationally “harmonised” Work Health and Safety (WHS) laws were enacted in New South Wales. Under the associated WHS Regulation, Class A Asbestos Removalists require a Health & Safety Management System which is certified to Australian & New Zealand Standard AS/NZS4801 “Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems” by 2013 to maintain their Asbestos Removal Licence.
What is Class A Asbestos Removal?
Class A Asbestos Removal Licence is required for any removal of more than 10m2 of Friable Asbestos (and its associated Asbestos Containing Dust(ACD)). Class A Asbestos Removalists can also remove any quantity of Non-Friable Asbestos (and its associated ACD).
What is an OHS Management System?
An OHS Management System is a formal, documented series of processes describing how Work Health and Safety is managed within the business. It generally includes policy and procedural documents. For the OHS Management System to be certified to AS/NZS4801 it must conform to the requirements set out in this standard. Follow the link for more on OHS Management Systems.
How can OSHEM Solutions assist my Asbestos Removal Business?
OSHEM Solutions can:
- Design an OHS Management System to meets the requirements of AS/NZS4801
- Modify an existing OHS Management System to meets the requirements of AS/NZS4801.
- Meet your Internal Audit obligations.
- Assist your management in implementing the policy and procedures contained within your OHS Management System.
- Facilitate the Management Review obligations of your OHS Management System.
Want to know more, contact us on 1300 657 279.